Title: Card Services Manager
Location: Remote – SE US
Our client is a Southeastern US Financial Institution serving almost 50,000 account holders, and is currently searching for a Card Services Manager. This position has several purposes including (1) Overseeing all operations of ATM/Check Card Services and Credit Card departments, (2) Evaluating Card Services policies, procedures, products, and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and (3) Acting as project manager for Card Services projects.
- Oversee all operations of Debit Card and Credit Card services.
- Handle Debit and Credit Card disputes.
- Lead research, development, and implementation of products and services that meet the needs of account holders in relation to the functions of Debit and Credit Cards.
- Ensure new and changed policies and procedures are understood, implemented, and properly communicated to all impacted departments and staff. Provide additional training where required.
- Serve as a direct relationship manager and liaison between Financial Institution and all card vendors including but not limited to VISA DPS, CPI, and Entrust Data Card.
- Serve as a branch resource and main contact point for questions related to Debit and Credit Card issues.
- Work with Risk Management to insure programs are in compliance.
- Evaluate Card Services policies, procedures, products, and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Recommend change where appropriate.
- Assess risk potential of current procedures and institute new procedures with internal controls, that minimize loss exposure.
- Own Instant Issue Card product, provide training to frontline staff, and be a resource for issues with equipment.
- Monitor card stock for both Instant Issue and Card Orders and Renewals.
- Work with other departments to grow card Portfolio.
- Act as project manager for Card Services projects. Define project scope, goals, and deliverables. Plan, schedule, direct and manage projects to best reflect business needs and best use available resources. Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Provide recommendations to Director for short and long term business objectives.
- Provide Recommendations to Director for budgetary needs with card program development, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge and understanding of current trends, laws, issues, and best practices affecting area of expertise. Attends conferences, courses, seminars, workshops, and meetings that will increase professional knowledge and be otherwise beneficial to the Financial Institution. This includes, bust is not limed to, completing annual BSA/AML Compliance Training and understanding employee’s role in maintaining an effective BSA/AML compliance program, and completing FACT Act Red Flag training.
- 5+ years progressively responsible work experience in the financial services industry to include experience in ATM, credit, and debit card services
- Project Management experience highly desired
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance including Regulations D, E, CC, and all regional and national operating regulations, including ATM and POS dispute and chargeback rights
- Knowledge of Financial Institution’s products, services, policies, and procedures
- Excellent organization, Prioritization, analytical, and problem solving skills to attain departmental goals
- Ability to use computer systems and software programs designed for FIs to perform job duties