Title: Manager, Accounting
Location: Melville, NY
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for assisting the external (SEC) reporting and technical accounting. Will collaborate with the general accounting and finance departments to ensure accurate reporting of transactions in the financial statements. The manager will work closely with internal groups, such as Tax, Investor Relations, Financial Planning and Analysis, Legal Counsel, Mergers and Acquisitions, Human Resources, and General Accounting and Consolidations, as well as outside advisory firms including but not limited to External Auditors, Valuation Specialists, and project-specific consultants.
- Prepare and distribute the SEC filings for review and approval: 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, S-3, etc., including XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) tagging.
- Manage review of SEC filings with external auditors, senior management, legal counsel and disclosure and audit committees.
- Supervise/coordinate information gathering activities to ensure required schedules are obtained from other departments and perform diligence reviews to ensure the accuracy/integrity of information supporting SEC filings.
- Assist in preparation of board materials, press releases and other items as necessary.
- Monitor, assess, and present guidance and recommendations to management on the impact of proposed accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations; draft footnote disclosures and MD&A in the SEC filings in connection with these new regulations.
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements in accordance with SEC regulation S-X.
- Develop, document and maintain accounting and operational policies and procedures, and assist with implementation of the policies on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Research, evaluate and implement new technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Research and draft technical memorandums on significant/ non-routine company transactions and initiatives.
- Ensure SOX compliance regarding internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist in developing SOX process narratives and perform assessment of existing internal controls for adequacy.
- Assist with due diligence of potential acquisitions.
- Prepare purchase accounting entries and technical memorandums for business combinations, including consideration of necessary disclosures in the financial statements.
- Liaise with third party valuation specialists and review valuation results.
- Assist with post-acquisition integration including compliance with enterprise-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the financial reporting with regards to the company’s stock compensation plans.
- Review equity roll forward and cash flow schedules and related reconciliations to ensure compliance with the US GAAP.
- Big 4 Public Accounting or a combination of Big 4 and progressive Technical Accounting experience in a public company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be results driven with the ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging issues
- Must work well in a team setting and be able to foster enterprise-wide cooperation in adoption and compliance efforts
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with a robust work ethic and a positive attitude
- Must be articulate and confident in communicating ideas, issues, and resolutions to a broad audience (e.g. executive management, staff, internal and external auditors, etc.)
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters