Title: Settlement Accountant – Card Issuing
Location: Denver, CO
Our client, a small stable and growing Fintech start-up, is seeking a Settlement Accountant to provide accounting support in the settlement and reconciliation process. Their solutions enables payroll service providers, fintechs, banks, insurance companies and other financial services businesses in North America, Europe and Asia to deploy innovative payment services. Their clients benefit from purpose-built technology offering secure and flexible APIs as well as easy access to an expert team committed to delivering responsive customer service.
We’re looking for an experienced Settlement and Reconciliation Accountant to join their team who is a self-starter, problem solver, with a proven ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment.The Settlement Accountant will provide dial/weekly settlement reports and identify and reconcile anomalies that surface in the reconciliation process. This role will play a crucial role in the month end close process and will have an opportunity to create and develop a scalable financial accounting operation.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly interchange reconciliations, along with research and follow through of unreconciled items for assigned accounts.
- Monitor daily transaction activities to detect irregularities.
- Partner with internal teams devoting attention to timely root cause analysis, discrepancy resolution, and ownership for process change implementations.
- Participates in new customer/partner on-boarding to ensure customer funds flow is accurately recorded and reported.
- Interface with internal IT development in designing customer facing reporting portals and internal controls.
- Perform validation testing on product changes prior to production deployment.
- Support accounting team in Settlement revenue (i.e. interchange) and expense (i.e. test transactions) tracking and recognition.
- Assist internal and external customers with day-to-day balance reconciliations and funds flow education.
- Implement settlement reconciliation enhancements, tools, and procedures.
- Support the department for external audits including preparing audit schedules.
- Assist third party card program managers and customer service departments related to card network fee balancing and reconciliation.
- As company scales, so may this Settlement Accountant’s job function and responsibilities.
- Minimum of 3 years of related accounting experience with strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Functional knowledge at both mid-size and start-up companies preferred.
- Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems is required.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Deadline oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.